Friday, November 04, 2016

Don’t Get Sidetracked


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Don’t
Get
Sidetracked



Scripture

Proverbs 4

26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
    stay on the safe path.


27 Don’t get sidetracked;
    keep your feet from following evil.


Observation

Getting sidetracked! Young people and even not so young people get sidetracked and ruin their lives by yielding to the temptation of sexual immorality. 

I have watched so many men and women yield to temptation because they neglected to set up boundaries for their life. 

A long time ago when I was a lot younger someone told me to set boundaries for my life when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex. 

Kathy knows the boundaries that I have established, boundaries that I don’t ever plan to break.



Here they are:

1.      I will not meet with a woman alone to discuss her problems or meet with her alone for any other reason.


2.  I will not eat a meal with another woman other than my wife.

3. I will not ride in a car alone with a woman other than my wife. 


You my friend may think that this is stupid. But if you do, then my friend, you are the stupid one!

Satan wants to destroy our lives. He wants to wreck our marriage, our relationships, our family, and our ministry!

And Satan will use someone of the opposite sex to do it if he has the slightest chance.

So why give him the chance! Set yourself some boundaries and let your spouse know what they are! Wives, this goes for you too!


Application

I will mark out a straight path for my feet. I will not get sidetracked. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for being a God of mercy and a God of grace. You know that I am a sinner. You know my heart. You know my thoughts. Nothing I do, think, or say, is hidden from You. Keep me from sexual sin. Keep me from yielding to temptation when it comes. Help Kathy and I finish well. Don’t ever let us mess up. 

I pray for those who may be reading this blog that may have crossed the line and may have gotten sidetracked by yielding to sexual immorality. Give them the strength to repent and turn from their sin and help them to get right with You again. Don’t let it destroy them Lord. Show them how to get back on the right path so that they can finish well.


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 26,27; Mark 15,16; Psalm 4, 104; Proverbs 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: