Thursday, November 03, 2016

She Has Done What She Could


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

She
Has Done
What She Could


Scripture

Mark 14

While he was eating, a woman came in with a beautiful alabaster jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard. She broke open the jar and poured the perfume over his head.

Some of those at the table were indignant. “Why waste such expensive perfume?” they asked.

 “It could have been sold for a year’s wages and the money given to the poor!” So they scolded her harshly.

But Jesus replied, “Leave her alone. Why criticize her for doing such a good thing to me? You will always have the poor among you, and you can help them whenever you want to. But you will not always have me.
 
She has done what she could and has anointed my body for burial ahead of time. I tell you the truth, wherever the Good News is preached throughout the world, this woman’s deed will be remembered and discussed.”

Observation

She did what she could!

She poured expensive perfume out on Jesus. How expensive? It was worth a year’s wages!

Those that watched got angry as she poured it out anointing Jesus using this expensive perfume. It was what she could do and she did what she could. 

So let me ask, “What could we do that we are not doing?” Are we making a difference?

What can we do? What has God asked you to do? What has He asked me to do?

She did what she could – now it is our turn.



Philippians 4:13
For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.

Mark 9
41 If anyone gives you even a cup of water because you belong to the Messiah, I tell you the truth, that person will surely be rewarded.

Application


I will look for ways to serve the people that God brings into my life. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy for me to criticize people and question their motives when I should really be looking at myself and thinking about what I could do to further Your kingdom. It is so easy for me to be hard on everyone else. Give me a sensitive heart Lord. Give me Your heart for those around me. Show me what I could do. Show me what I should do. And then help me and give me the strength and energy to carry out what You put on my heart to do.



Daily Bible Reading:  Job 25; Mark 13,14




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: