Thursday, December 01, 2016

We Can Rejoice, Too, When We Run Into Problems And Trials, For We Know That They Help Us Develop Endurance.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Can Rejoice, Too,
When We Run Into Problems And Trials,
For We Know That They Help Us Develop Endurance. 




Scripture

Romans 5

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.


Romans 6

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.


   

Romans 7

21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord.


Romans 8

11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. …


Observation


Loaded … these chapters are so loaded with good stuff!

Since one of our guys in our men’s small group is having a particularly hard time right now I thought that I would write something that might be an encouragement to him and maybe it will encourage you today too.

The Apostle Paul lets us know that we can “rejoice” when we run into problems and experience things that totally frustrate us and then he also tells us why we should rejoice?

We rejoice because we know that God will use this season of difficulty in our life to develop our character, making us more like Jesus Christ! 

 I listed the other verses from the other chapters just because they are so powerful. I could have put the entire chapter of Romans 8 because it is so good! 

Application


I know that God will use every circumstance, good and bad, to make me more like Jesus. He is on my side. I am a friend of God’s. 

(Romans 5:11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.”)

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me the privilege of being one of your children. I don’t deserve it. I am Your friend, not because of my goodness, but because of what Jesus Christ did for me on the cross. Help me to trust You with every part of my life. I pray for those experiencing trials and troubles. Help them to rejoice knowing that You are at work in their lives and help them to know that You are developing their character and making them more and more like Jesus Christ.


Daily Bible Reading:  Romans 5,6,7,8



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: