Friday, December 09, 2016

If You Become Wise, You Will Be The One To Benefit. If You Scorn Wisdom, You Will Be The One To Suffer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

If You Become Wise,
You Will Be The One To Benefit.
If You Scorn Wisdom, You Will Be The One To Suffer.



Scripture

Proverbs 9

12 If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit.
    If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.


Observation

Stupid, stupid, stupid, dumb, dumb, and dumber describes all of us when we decide to ignore what God says in His Word.

The Bible is where we find Wisdom.

The Bible is where we have the opportunity to know the mind of God. It is not a book of helpful hints.

It is where we encounter the very heart of God.

God created us. He and only He knows best how we should live this life. What God tells us in His Word to do and what not to do is all for our benefit, for our good because He loves us.

You and I are stupid fools to ignore, to openly defy God’s Word and continue to sin.

So what is going to be our choice today? 

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. James 1:5

In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul. If you find it, you will have a bright future, and your hopes will not be cut short. Proverbs 24:14

“… Asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.” Ephesians 1:17


Application

I am praying that I will seek wisdom today? How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner. I know that sin is pleasurable and that is why I am tempted to sin. I also know that every sin that I have committed has always brought consequences that were not pleasurable. So I pray for wisdom to live out this day in a way that pleases You. Keep me away from stupid sins. Sins that I know will destroy and hurt me and my family and all of those around me. Give me strength to not give in to temptation. I know that You always provide a way of escape whenever I am tempted to sin. I know that every time that I am tempted that I have a choice. Give me the wisdom and understanding to live my life in a way that pleases You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Timothy 5,6; Titus 1,2,3; Psalm 9, Psalm 109; Proverbs 9




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: