Friday, December 16, 2016

He Prowls Around Like A Roaring Lion, Looking For Someone To Devour.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Prowls Around
Like A Roaring Lion, 
Looking For Someone To Devour.

Scripture

1 Peter 5

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.

Observation

Pastor Bruce Moore I remember made the point once that what follows verse 7 of 1 Peter 5 was very important.

So important that you and I take all of our worries and cares to God, who cares about us, because we do have a great enemy that wants to destroy not only us but also our families.

Do you care about your family? If you do care about your family then live a godly life.

Stay close to God. Stand firm against the devil, and be strong in your faith.

If you are suffering right now let it be for suffering because you are living a godly life not because you have involved yourself in sinful living!

Turn from selfish and sinful living and turn to God. Give Him all of your worries and cares.

What burden are you carrying that you need to roll over on Him? Do it right now.

 Application


I am giving all of my worries and cares to God. How about you?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, I take You at Your Word. And I believe that You care about me. You care about every detail of my life. I know that You want me to call on You with all of these things that are worrying me. And that is exactly what I plan to do. Don’t let me worry about anything, but help me to remember to pray about everything. Help to me remember to bring every one of my concerns to You with thanksgiving and then I know that I will experience Your peace that will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

    Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

   

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Peter 1,2,3,4,5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: