Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Godly Walk With Integrity


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Godly
Walk
With Integrity





Scripture

Proverbs 20

The godly walk with integrity;
    blessed are their children who follow them.


Observation

My earthly father was not a man that cared about God at all. The only time I heard my Dad mention God’s name was when he was angry and swearing at me. Sad and painful to admit but my Dad was not a man of integrity.

I am grateful though that he had a Mom, my “Granny”, who was faithful to God and who was a person of integrity. So if your Mom and Dad don’t care about God at all, hopefully you will have grandparents that do.

Blessed are the children that follow after a godly father, mother, grandmother, or grandfather. It is our choice.

You and I can choose to live godly lives and be examples to our children and grandchildren. Or we can live sinful lives and be poor examples to follow.

I hope that my 5 grown children and my 10 grandchildren can see Jesus in me.

I don’t want them to say or even think about me that I was not a man of integrity.

Will you join me and make a commitment to God to live our lives in a way that pleases Him?


Application

I will strive to live a godly life and be a person of integrity. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that my Granny was not a perfect person. I remember in her old age just how mean that she could be. But I believe that the reason that I came a Christ follower is because my Granny prayed for me. She loved You and somehow it made a difference in my life. Help me to be able to make the same kind of difference in my grown children’s lives and especially in my grandchildren’s lives. Help them to see Jesus in me and see Jesus in Kathy. Nothing is more important to us than to see our children and our grandchildren living for You.  Please help that prayer of ours become a reality soon. 


I pray for my daughter Debby today on her birthday. Bless her Lord. Give her the desires of her heart. Answer all of her prayers. Make all of her plans successful!



Daily Bible Reading:  John 7,8; Psalm 20, Psalm 120; Proverbs 20






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: