Saturday, December 10, 2016

God Has Not Given Us A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity, But Of Power, Love, And Self-Discipline.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God Has Not Given
Us A Spirit Of Fear And Timidity,
But Of Power, Love, And Self-Discipline. 


Scripture

2 Timothy 1

7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Observation

Whatever, and I mean “what ever” you and I are facing this morning, if we are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ; we have been given God’s Holy Spirit that lives within us to take us through it.

This week I have heard from two men that I love very much who are now facing life-threatening diseases. Both of these men are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.

God has not given them or their Christian loved ones a Spirit of fear and timidity, but God has given all of them a Spirit of power, love, and self-discipline.

Maybe what is causing fear to creep into our lives is not our health or the health of a loved one; it could be financial problems, a broken relationship, a rebellious child, a bad boss, new job, no job, or maybe your company is struggling.

Fear can creep into our lives from any and all directions. So what are we to do each and every time that fear creeps in? Pray and Trust.

My very good friend Missionary John Seale, who has endured an incredible amount of suffering in his life time, gave me these words and a verse to go with them when I was dealing with a lot of pain and poor health. I have placed these words on my refrigerator so I can be constantly reminded of this powerful truth:

“Such difficulties bring many of us to a depth of spiritual oneness and fellowship with our Maker that most believers would not understand.” Philippians 1:29 “For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.” 



*****************


But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3

 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

Then Asa cried out to the Lord his God, “O Lord, no one but you can help the powerless against the mighty! Help us, O Lord our God, for we trust in you alone. It is in your name that we have come against this vast horde. O Lord, you are our God; do not let mere men prevail against you!” 2 Chronicles 14:11

The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:7

O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Application

I will trust God at all times. I will pour out my heart to Him because He helps me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will not be afraid because You are with me. I will not be discouraged because You are my God. You will strengthen me and You will help me. You will hold me up with Your victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41;10 personalized)


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Timothy 1,2,3,4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: