Tuesday, December 13, 2016

It Is Impossible To Please God Without Faith.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

It Is
Impossible
To Please God Without Faith.


Scripture

Hebrews 11

1 Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.
And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

Observation

If Hebrews 11 were written today would you and I find our names in the list of the faithful?

Take a minute to read this great chapter and think about these men and women and what it took for them to live out their faith.

It was verses 35-38 that really got my attention this morning!

Hebrews 11:35-38 

    … Others were tortured and refused to be released, so that they might gain a better resurrection. [36] Some faced jeers and flogging, while still others were chained and put in prison. [37] They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated-- [38] the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and in caves and holes in the ground.
Just because we live by faith doesn’t mean that our lives will be problem free. It doesn’t mean that there will not be suffering, hardship, trials, and persecution. 

Life is cruel. It is brutal.

It was cruel and brutal back in Biblical times and it is brutal and full of drama today. Don’t expect life as a follower of Jesus Christ to be a rose garden!

We would never have the chance to get into the Hall of Faith if life didn’t cause us to look up and place our faith in God.

John 16:33

    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

 Application

I will look up today and life today by faith. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I read Hebrews 11 I am humbled by those listed in the chapter and the lives that they lived for You. Help me to live my life in a way that pleases You. I know that without faith I don’t have a chance of pleasing You. Help me to trust You in every area of my life. Direct and guide me today. Help me live in a way that makes You smile. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Hebrews 9,10,11





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: