Thursday, December 29, 2016

A Hot-Tempered Person Commits All Kinds Of Sin


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

A
Hot-Tempered Person
Commits All Kinds Of Sin


Scripture

Proverbs 29

22 An angry person starts fights;
    a hot-tempered person commits all kinds of sin.


Psalm 37:8

Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper— it only leads to harm.

Proverbs 29:11

Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.

Ecclesiastes 7:9

Control your temper, for anger labels you a fool.

Proverbs 12:18 

Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.

 Observation


Nobody likes to be around an angry person. Nobody!

I have not gotten over my last encounter with an angry person yet. It happened weeks ago, but I still have not recovered from what this angry person unleashed.

But at least I do have a Biblical description of this person and a description of others that are like him or her.

I would have labeled and called that person a knucklehead, but my Bible has a better description, it calls them a FOOL.

I know that when I have lost my temper and vented at Kathy it is usually because I am angry with myself and I take it out on her.

If you easily lose your temper, I hope that you will memorize these verses or other verses like them that talk about self-control.

I have memorized Proverbs 12:18 and it has helped me with how I talk to Kathy.

Maybe it could help you too!


 Application


I will control my temper and I will ask for forgiveness from God and from the injured party when I mess up and let my temper get out of control. How about you?


Prayer


Heavenly Father, I pray for this angry person. Hurt and destruction follows this person so I pray for Your intervention. Do whatever it takes to help this person control his or her temper and exchange their anger with peace and self-control. You are God. Nothing is too hard for You!


Daily Bible Reading:  Revelation 10,11,12,13,14; Psalm 29, Psalm 129; Proverbs 29




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: