Thursday, December 22, 2016

Love Each Other. Just As I Have Loved You, You Should Love Each Other.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Love Each Other.
Just As I Have Loved You,
You Should Love Each Other. 





Scripture

John 13

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

Observation

We are commanded to love the people that God has brought into our lives. We are even commanded to love our enemies! 

Bummer! 

We can’t just write them off. Jesus has commanded us to love them. In fact, He said for us to love them just like He loves us. 

Ouch! He died for you and me! 

The Apostle Paul had some people that didn’t treat him well and his response was this, “I will gladly spend myself and all I have for you, even though it seems that the more I love you, the less you love me.” (2 Corinthians 12:15) 

Jesus’ response to those who nailed Him to the cross was this, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing.”

 Do you have some unlovely down right mean people in your life right now?

Do you have some people that have decided to be especially cruel to you even though you can’t understand why? 

Kathy and I can relate … with some no matter what we do or no matter how much we try to show them love they always still seem to find a way to be mad and upset with us.

But our job, our calling until the day we die is to continue to love them whether they love us, curse us, or treat us like the scum of the earth!

There is no getting off the hook! You and I are commanded to love!

Application

I will think about Jesus’ and the Apostle Paul’s response to hard to love people and I will keep on showing love. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how much that I want everyone to love us like we love them. You know that I want to be treated with love and not hate. Help me to forgive our enemies and help me to love them. Help me to see their lives from Your perspective.

Give me Your heart for those who seem to want to hurt us. Bless them Lord. Help them to let go of the anger and the hurt that causes them to hurt those around them, those that love them.

You are the Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You. I pray for healing of broken relationships. May they be able to experience Your love.



Daily Bible Reading:  John 12,13,14





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: