Thursday, December 15, 2016

When Troubles Of Any Kind Come Your Way, Consider It An Opportunity For Great Joy.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When Troubles Of Any Kind Come
Your Way,
Consider It An Opportunity For Great Joy.


 Scripture

James 1

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

Observation

Kathy and I have had plenty of opportunities for great joy lately, maybe you have too! Trouble – Trouble – Trouble via People – People – People … maybe your faith is being tested too! James, the brother of Jesus, says that the testing of our faith by troubles gives our faith a chance to grow!

Lord, help me to remember this passage of scripture for the next time I encounter “trouble”.

Maybe He is chiseling, chipping, squeezing, molding, and working on your character too!

Remember God will always use people in your life as “Spiritual Sandpaper” and as they rub you the wrong way, God will use them (if we let Him) to make us more like His Son Jesus Christ!

Spiritual Sandpaper People – we all have them!

 Application

I will consider “troubles” and even those who may cause them as an opportunity for great joy! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to be honest and I want You to know that I do not like being verbally abused or watching Kathy take abuse and You know how much I want to respond back and be ugly to those who are lashing out at us. But I also know that Jesus Christ took abuse all the way to the cross. I don’t understand why those we love so much choose to be unlovely but I know from Your Word today that we are to consider it an opportunity for great joy and an opportunity to grow. Help us to see the big picture. Help us to see our lives from Your perspective. More than anything else in this world I want to please You. Help me to do that by the way I love people no matter what they do to us. 


Daily Bible Reading:  James 1,2,3,4,5





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: