Monday, April 24, 2017

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary
And Carry Heavy Burdens,
And I Will Give You Rest.


Scripture

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Observation

It is Monday!

This is a perfect passage to help you and me start out this week.

If we find ourselves weary and overloaded then let me suggest that we do just what Jesus tells us to do in Matthew 11:28-30! Lets go to Jesus.

Lets team up with Jesus and learn from Him. He will give us rest for our souls!

This personal invitation is from Jesus, the Creator and Sustainer of the entire Universe and all creation.

Talk to Him right now!

Colossians 1

15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
    He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,
16 for through him God created everything
    in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
    and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
    Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
    and he holds all creation together.
18 Christ is also the head of the church,
    which is his body.
He is the beginning,
    supreme over all who rise from the dead.
    So he is first in everything.
19 For God in all his fullness
    was pleased to live in Christ,
20 and through him God reconciled
    everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth
    by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.

21 This includes you …

 Application

I am going to yoke myself with Jesus this week! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am amazed that You want to have a personal intimate relationship with me. You, the Creator of this entire Universe, want to have a friendship with me. I don’t deserve Your love and I surely don’t deserve Your attention. But You do care about me. You want to walk through life with me. You want to take care of me. All I can say is “Thank You”!

I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog this morning. Give them rest for their weary souls. Help them to team up with You. Show them that they do not need to carry all of those heavy burdens. Let them find rest in You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 28,29; Psalm 109; Matthew 11






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: