Saturday, April 15, 2017

You Come To Me With Sword, Spear, And Javelin, But I Come To You In The Name Of The LORD Of Heaven’s Armies –


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Come To Me With Sword, Spear, And Javelin,
But
I Come To You In The Name Of The LORD Of Heaven’s Armies –

Scripture

1 Samuel 17

45 David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
 
46 Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel!
 
47 And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give you to us!”

48 As Goliath moved closer to attack, David quickly ran out to meet him. 49 Reaching into his shepherd’s bag and taking out a stone, he hurled it with his sling and hit the Philistine in the forehead. The stone sank in, and Goliath stumbled and fell face down on the ground.

50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with only a sling and a stone, for he had no sword.

51 Then David ran over and pulled Goliath’s sword from its sheath. David used it to kill him and cut off his head.

Observation

David had a secret weapon against Goliath. It wasn’t his slingshot. David had faith in a big God. He knew that he couldn’t defeat Goliath, but he knew that God could. Just listen to David when he declares, “Today the LORD will conquer you … and everyone will know that the LORD rescues His people … this is the LORD’s battle.”

Okay, maybe your Goliath and my Goliath are not actually 9 feet tall. Maybe our Goliath is not even a person; maybe it is a life threatening disease, a physical disability, or bad circumstances that are waging war against us.

Or maybe your Goliath is a boss, co-worker, a spouse, or a friend or a family member that has betrayed you; all of us have a Goliath or Goliaths in our lives.

The secret to defeating any and every Goliath that comes against us is to let the Lord do the fighting for us!

Lets quit trying to defeat our Goliaths on our own! Let’s pray and let the Lord rescue us.

Application

I will let the Lord fight my battles! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love this story! It is amazing the faith that young David had when he faced Goliath. Give me that kind of faith. Remind me that the battle is not mine to fight. You are my Heavenly Father and as long as I trust in You and I don’t depend on my own strength I know that You will take care of my Goliaths. My battles are Your battles. My enemies are Your enemies. Lord, because You are on my side “no one” or “no thing” can stand against me. Nothing is too hard for You!


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 17; Psalm 9; Matthew 2



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: