Monday, April 10, 2017

When The Storms Of Life Come, The Wicked Are Whirled Away, But The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When The Storms Of Life Come,
The Wicked Are Whirled Away,
But The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation.



Scripture

Proverbs 10

 25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away,
    but the godly have a lasting foundation.


Observation

You may think that I am crazy but I love thunderstorms! And Tampa Bay is a great place to live for anyone that loves lightning and thunder!

We are just around the corner from the daily barrage of summer thunderstorms that show off God’s power and God’s majesty.

The storms of life that come our way offer us the same kind of opportunity! I love to watch and experience thunderstorms in a safe place, usually inside the security of my house.

When the storms of life come roaring into our lives you and I are going to need a safe place!

The best place – the safest place to be, is in the palm of God’s hand! How do you and I get under God’s protective umbrella?

We pray and we surrender our lives to Him. We allow Him to be the anchor for our souls!

Psalm 57:1

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by.

Psalm 31:5

I entrust my spirit into your hand. Rescue me, Lord, for you are a faithful God.

Psalm 37:23-25

23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
    for the Lord holds them by the hand.


Psalm 63:8

I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely.

Psalm 66:9

Our lives are in his hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling.

Isaiah 41:10

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Isaiah 43:13

“From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.”

Isaiah 49:16a 

See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. …

Application

When the storms of life come I will hide in the shadow of God’s wings! How about you?

Psalm 17:8

Guard me as you would guard your own eyes. Hide me in the shadow of your wings.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that in just a few weeks our daily thunderstorms will begin to happen and I also know that the storms of life are always just around the corner too. When they come I pray that you guard my family and me as You would guard Your own eyes. Hide us in the shadow of Your wings.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 8,9,10; 2 Corinthians 10; Psalm 10, Psalm 110, Proverbs 10



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: