Saturday, April 08, 2017

Your Promises Are Backed By All The Honor Of Your Name


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Your Promises
Are Backed
By All The Honor Of Your Name


Scripture

Psalm 138

I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;
    I will sing your praises before the gods.


I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.
    I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed
    by all the honor of your name.


As soon as I pray, you answer me;
    you encourage me by giving me strength.


Observation

Promises! We all make them! But no matter how hard you and I try we can’t keep all of the promises that we make!

Sooner or later we will let someone down, sooner or later we will fail to keep our word, either because we mess up or circumstances make it impossible for us to keep our promise.

This, my friend never happens with our God!

Every promise He makes never changes, never gets messed up, and can always be counted on!  They are given to us so that we can have hope and confidence in our God who loves us.

And “Yes”, we should be people of integrity. We should keep our word. We should be dependable and trustworthy! We should be examples and people should be able to imitate us!
Yes, it should be our goal for people to see Jesus in us! 

And when we fail to keep a promise that we have made to someone, we should quickly and sincerely say, “I am sorry. Please forgive me.” 

Application

I will cling to every one of God’s promises that He makes to me in His Word. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, every morning when I read Your Word I can count on the trustworthiness of Your Word. It is filled with promises for me. Over and over again in Your Word You tell me how much You love me. I don’t deserve Your love and I surely don’t deserve everything that You have given me. I am blessed. You are so good to me.

I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog this morning. Show them that they can count on You. Show them that they can hold on to every promise that You have given us in Your Word. Give them strength for today. Help them face their problems with the backing and with the confidence of Your promises.

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 3,4,5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8; Psalm 38, Psalm 138; Proverbs 8




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: