Thursday, April 20, 2017

Why Worry About A Speck In Your Friend’s Eye When You Have A Log In Your Own?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Why Worry About A Speck In Your Friend’s Eye
When
You Have A Log In Your Own? 

Scripture

Matthew 7

“And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

Observation

Why do we nit pick and criticize others? It is called “Blame Shifting”!

It is just easier for me to see your faults than for me to admit and see my own. It is easier to blame other people than to admit that I am broken too!

Kathy’s Dad used to say; “When I point a finger at someone I have three fingers pointing back at me.” So true!

When I criticize people pointing out where they fall short, it might make me feel better about myself for a moment but it doesn’t take care of the real issue – ME!

You and I have a problem and it is US! – Not THEM!

 Application

I will focus and work on Eddy’s shortcomings (the log in my eye) and not worry about the specs in the lives of others. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to see where I fall short. Help me be concerned more with the log in my eye than the speck in someone else’s. Give me a servant’s heart. Don’t let me be apathetic to the needs around me. Give me Your heart for those around me. Thank You for loving me unconditionally. Help me to love others in the same way. 


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: