Friday, April 14, 2017

The LORD Is Close To The Brokenhearted; He Rescues Those Whose Spirits Are Crushed.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The LORD Is Close To The Brokenhearted;
He
Rescues Those Whose Spirits Are Crushed.



Scripture

Psalm 34

I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
    He freed me from all my fears.


Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
    no shadow of shame will darken their faces.


In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
    he saved me from all my troubles.


For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
    he surrounds and defends all who fear him.


17 The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
    He rescues them from all their troubles.


18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
    he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.


Observation

Almost everyday when I read my Bible I read a Psalm and a Proverb, not everyday, but almost. I would recommend that habit for anyone who might be going through a difficult season in his or her life. 

In fact, I think that it is just a good thing to do for all of us! King David knew how to pray.  

He was a man after God’s own heart (1 Samuel 13:14). 

Psalm 34 is a great example of why I love to read the Psalms! 

Take time this morning to read a few Psalms. I am sure that you have a favorite! 

And the wisest man in the world wrote the book of Proverbs!

Application

I will reread Psalm 34 and meditate on all of God’s promises in those twenty-two verses!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will praise You at all times. I will constantly speak Your praises. I will boast only in You, Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let me tell of Your greatness; let me exalt Your name. I prayed to You Lord, and You answered me. You freed me from all my fears. In my desperation I prayed, and You listened; You saved me from all my troubles. Psalm 34:1-6 personalized


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 15,16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1; Psalm 114, Psalm 34, Proverbs 14




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: