Thursday, April 13, 2017

Perhaps The LORD Will Help Us, For Nothing Can Hinder The LORD. He Can Win A Battle Whether He Has Many Warriors Or Only A Few!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Perhaps The LORD Will Help Us,
For Nothing Can Hinder The LORD.
He Can Win A Battle Whether He Has Many Warriors Or Only A Few!


1 Samuel 14

1 One day Jonathan said to his armor bearer, “Come on, let’s go over to where the Philistines have their outpost.” But Jonathan did not tell his father what he was doing.

“Let’s go across to the outpost of those pagans,” Jonathan said to his armor bearer. “Perhaps the Lord will help us, for nothing can hinder the Lord. He can win a battle whether he has many warriors or only a few!”

“Do what you think is best,” the armor bearer replied. “I’m with you completely, whatever you decide.”

12 Then the men from the outpost shouted to Jonathan, “Come on up here, and we’ll teach you a lesson!”

“Come on, climb right behind me,” Jonathan said to his armor bearer, “for the Lord will help us defeat them!”

13 So they climbed up using both hands and feet, and the Philistines fell before Jonathan, and his armor bearer killed those who came behind them. 14 They killed some twenty men in all, and their bodies were scattered over about half an acre.


Observation

I put this story right up there with the story of David and Goliath. This was incredible bravery! Jonathan’s armor bearer’s courage was truly amazing, He said to Jonathan, “I’m with you completely, whatever you decide.” 

I hope you take a few minutes to read 1 Samuel 14 for yourself this morning. God wants us to be bold and courageous! He didn’t save us for us to be wimps.

I haven’t watched it yet but I definitely plan to watch the movie “Hack Saw Ridge”. Pfc. Desmond T. Doss (Andrew Garfield) saved 75 men in the Battle of Okinawa, (WWII) – without firing a shot. In fact, he refused to bear arms!

What step of courage is God asking you and I to make?

Joshua 1:9

This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Deuteronomy 31:6

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Psalm 27:14

Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.

Application

I will be bold and courageous today! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, to be strong and courageous is something that You command me to do. I know that it is not a suggestion. In You alone and faith in You alone is the only way that I can be brave and courageous. Help me to walk close to You today. Don’t let me shrink back from what You have called me to do and from who You have called me to be! Give me the courage and boldness of Jonathan and his armor bearer. 

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 14; 1 Chronicles 4; 2 Corinthians 13



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: