Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Don’t Use Foul Or Abusive Language. Let Everything You Say Be Good And Helpful


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Don’t Use Foul Or Abusive Language.
Let Everything You Say
Be Good And Helpful


Scripture

Ephesians 4

29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Observation

Maybe it is because a person wants to impress people. I don’t know. Or maybe it is because a person wants to be trendy, or fit in with the crowd, I don’t know.

But when we as followers of Christ use foul and abusive language it damages our witness and it does not do anything for the Kingdom of God.

Lets think about the words we use and maybe take a few words out of our vocabulary.

Lets take Ephesians 4:29 to heart!

.

Ephesians 4

 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Proverbs 12:18 

Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.

Psalm 19:14

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Colossians 4:6

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you should answer everyone.

   

Application

I will watch what I say and how I say it. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word. It helps me stay on the right path. It keeps me going in the right direction. Help me to guard what I say and how I say it. May the words of my mouth and the thoughts in my head be pleasing to You. Help me to be gentle and not harsh. Help me to be considerate of those around me.



Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 1; Psalm 140; Matthew 13; Psalm 26, Psalm 56, Proverbs 26; Ephesians 4


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: