Sunday, April 23, 2017

My Old Self Has Been Crucified With Christ


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

My Old Self
Has Been Crucified
With Christ


Scripture

Galatians 2

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Observation

A W. Tozer said, “To be crucified means, first, the man on the cross is facing only one direction; second, he is not going back; and third, he has no further plans of his own.” Have you been crucified? If you have given your life to Jesus Christ and have trusted Him as your Lord and Savior then your old life has been crucified. It is dead. Now what we have to do is every day is remember to take up our cross and follow Jesus! 

2 Corinthians 5

14 Either way, Christ’s love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life.
15 He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.

Luke 9:23 

    Then he said to the crowd, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me. 

 Application

Christ lives in me. I will not live only for myself. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me understand and help me live out Luke 9:23 and Galatians 2:20!



Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 27; Psalm 141; 1 Chronicles 9; Matthew 10; Galatians 2





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: