Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Let Your Light So Shine Before Men, That They May See Your Good Works, And Glorify Your Father Who Is In Heaven.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Let Your Light So Shine Before Men,
That They May See Your Good Works,
And Glorify Your Father Who Is In Heaven.

Scripture

Matthew 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.

Observation

My life verse is found in Matthew 5 verse 16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.” This verse is a reminder to me about how I am to live my life and it is also a reminder to me about who is supposed to get the glory and the credit for any good that is done through me!

Matthew 5, 6 & 7 contains Jesus longest recorded message in scripture. Even if you are a slow reader you can probably read all 3 chapters in about 15-20 minutes. Yet those 3 chapters are packed with instructions about how to live the Christian life.

God’s Word from Genesis to Revelation is Jesus Christ speaking to us today! Jesus validates the Old Testament scriptures in Matthew 5. All of God’s Word is profitable for us. All of it from beginning to end is the God breathed inspired Word of God. 

Application

I will strive to live out Matthew 5:16 today. 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us Your Word. How would I be able to live life without it? I know that Your Word is reliable. It is trustworthy. I can count on all of it. I see Your purpose and plan for my life because of what You have told me in Your Word. Help others to trust Your Word. Help them to dig into it and discover Your truth. Bless anyone who might read this blog today. Show them that they can depend on You.

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 20,21; Psalm 34; Matthew 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


No comments: