Thursday, April 06, 2017

Our Hearts Ache But We Always Have Joy.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Our Hearts Ache
But
We Always Have Joy.

Scripture

2 Corinthians 6

We live in such a way that no one will stumble because of us, and no one will find fault with our ministry.
 
In everything we do, we show that we are true ministers of God. We patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind.
 
We have been beaten, been put in prison, faced angry mobs, worked to exhaustion, endured sleepless nights, and gone without food.

10 Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.

Observation

The Apostle Paul and the team that traveled with him were constantly under attack.

They were beaten, put in prison, faced angry mobs, worked to exhaustion, endured sleepless nights, and went without food, but the worst thing that they faced was rejection by the very ones that they had led to Christ!

This broke their hearts (verse 10), but it couldn’t and wouldn’t take away their joy!

Nothing can take away our joy! Nothing!

The joy of the Lord is our strength!

2 Corinthians 6:10

“Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything.” 

Psalm 28:7

“The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”

Acts 2:28

“You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the joy of your presence.”

Application

Some things do break my heart but nothing will ever take away my joy! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want a heart like that of the Apostle Paul. Give me his heart for people and his love for Your kingdom. Keep me going in the right direction. Don’t let anything detour me and get me off track. You have given me joy that no one can take away. Help me to live in such a way that no one stumbles because of me and no one will find fault with our ministry.


Daily Bible Reading:  Ruth 3,4; Psalms 64,65; 2 Corinthians 6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: