Saturday, November 17, 2018

Grandchildren Are The Crowning Glory Of The Aged.


Grandchildren
Are The
Crowning Glory Of The Aged.
Scripture
Proverbs 17
6 Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged;
    parents are the pride of their children.
Observation
Getting old is not for wimps!
Every day I wake up I am greeted with something new. This morning it was a new cough. Tomorrow it will probably be an aching back, a pain in my chest, or who knows what; but for sure it will be something that is nagging and aggravating.
But there is one thing for sure that I enjoy and it comes with old age; I love being a Grandpa!
Kathy and I have 11 grandchildren with 2 more on the way!
There is something magical about being grandparents. We get to love on our grandchildren and then return them back to their Mom and Dad.
And discipline has never been so easy. It is amazing how easy it is to overlook a grandchild's bad behavior compared to your own children's when you were raising them! We seem to be a lot wiser at child raising now that we are grandparents.
Having grandchildren is one of the benefits of growing older that I wouldn't change for anything.
Hopefully they will all be over this week for Thanksgiving! We are counting on it!
Application
I am looking forward to seeing our grandchildren and their parents on Thanksgiving.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to live to see my grandchildren grow up to where they are now. Help them to make good choices and decisions about life. Draw them to a close relationship with You. Bring godly people into their lives so they have the opportunity to live for You. I pray for their parents who are trying to raise them. Give them wisdom and strength. Show them that they can depend on You for help.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 7,8,9,10; I added: Psalm 37, Psalm 57; Proverbs 17

No comments: