Wednesday, November 07, 2018

You Who Are Godly Should Gently and Humbly Help That Person Back Onto The Right Path


You
Who Are Godly Should Gently and Humbly
Help That Person Back Onto The Right Path
Scripture
Galatians 6
1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.

2 Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. 

3 If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.

Observation
I like Galatians 6:3, “If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.”
There are times, if we were to be totally honest, that this verse, sadly, describes you and me. When we think we are too busy to help someone else … it is just another way of saying … I am too important to be bothered by what is going on in your life.
The Apostle Paul reminds us … You and I are not that important!
Trying to help a fellow believer, especially one who has been overcome by some sin, is not a pleasant task. And yes, we can definitely get hurt trying to help the person back onto the right path, but we should still do it.
We should gently and humbly try to help that person back onto the right path, recognizing that we too, if we are not careful, could fall into doing the same sinful thing ourselves.
We are not supposed to shoot the wounded.
So who comes to your mind that needs your help?
Application
I will try to help my brothers and sisters in Christ when they have gotten off track.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You have saved me so that I could be Your hands and Your feet here on planet Earth. Don't ever let me think that I am too important to help those around me who have been overcome by sin or who are in need of help. Give me the courage and strength to help them get back on the right path. I know that I am a sinner and I know that I am capable of being overcome by sin myself. I pray for men and women who need to get back on the right path. Bring people into their lives who will help them get right with You again. You are a mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 31,32; Galatians 5,6

No comments: