Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Always Work Enthusiastically For The Lord


Always Work
Enthusiastically
For The Lord
Scripture
1 Corinthians 15
58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
Observation
You and I, as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, are not to have the kind of enthusiasm for the work of the Lord like what we might find up in the stands at a Super Bowl game.
The enthusiasm of a spectator is momentary and is very fickle, it ebbs and flows with every good or every bad play of the game.
Our enthusiasm for the Lord should be like that of the two teams down on the playing field, giving 110 %, doing their best every moment of the game with the hopes of winning a Super Bowl ring.
I think, as Christians, that we sometimes need to be reminded that our work for the Lord and the reward coming our way is going to make a Super Bowl ring seem like nothing.
Nothing this world has to offer compares to what God is preparing for us. So lets work enthusiastically for the Lord!
Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men,
1 Corinthians 2:9
9 That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,
No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
    and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
    for those who love him.”
Application
I will serve the Lord enthusiastically!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me not to be a spectator. Help me not to stay on the sidelines. I want to be in the game. I want to count for You. Show me what You want me to do. Lead and guide me. Give me a heart willing to work for You. Give me the strength and the courage to do whatever You put on my heart to do.
Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 149; 1 Corinthians 15,16

No comments: