Thursday, November 08, 2018

What The World Calls Smart, God Calls Stupid.


What
The World Calls Smart,
God Calls Stupid.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 3
18-20  Don’t fool yourself. Don’t think that you can be wise merely by being up-to-date with the times. Be God’s fool—that’s the path to true wisdom.
What the world calls smart, God calls stupid. It’s written in Scripture,
He exposes the chicanery of the chic.
The Master sees through the smoke screens
    of the know-it-alls.
1 Corinthians 3
18 Stop fooling yourselves. If you count yourself above average in intelligence, as judged by this world’s standards, you had better put this all aside and be a fool rather than let it hold you back from the true wisdom from above. 
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As it says in the book of Job, God uses man’s own brilliance to trap him; he stumbles over his own “wisdom” and falls. 
20 And again, in the book of Psalms, we are told that the Lord knows full well how the human mind reasons and how foolish and futile it is.
Observation
I know someone who is smart. He is very intelligent. The problem is that right now he refuses to surrender his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. So no matter how smart he is or thinks he is, or how intelligent others think he is, he is actually stupid!
Any person who has heard the Good News about Jesus Christ and then refuses to receive Christ as his or her Lord and Savior, no matter how smart they think they are, they are actually in God's eyes, very stupid.
The man that I am thinking about right now, will really be smart one day, the day he surrenders his life to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Maybe it is you who I am thinking about right now.
Who knows?
Application
I am praying for 5 people on my “impossible list” who either need to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior or that need to live out their Christian lives in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.
Maybe you are one of those on my list!
How about you? Do you have an “impossible list”? Are you praying for people that need a relationship with Jesus. Are you praying for some people that need to get back on the right path.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You and Kathy are the only ones who know the people that are on my “impossible list”. Lord, I am counting on You to change the hearts of those whom I am praying for. You worked in my life and helped me turn from sin and selfish living and turn to You and I know that You can do the same thing for them. Hurry Lord and do it quickly before they have wasted any more of their lives, living without You being number One in their lives. Thank You for saving me. Somebody must have been praying for me.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 33; 1 Corinthians 1,2,3

No comments: