Saturday, November 10, 2018

People With Integrity Walk Safely


People
With Integrity
Walk Safely
Scripture
Proverbs 10
9 People with integrity walk safely,
    but those who follow crooked paths will be exposed.

Observation
Integrity … am I a person of integrity. What is it? Do I have it? What does it look like?
If I am not a person of integrity right now, can I change? YES!
And Yes, integrity does matter! It is not something that you and I are not born with; it is a choice. You and I must choose every single day to be men and women of integrity.
Here are a few examples of integrity that I gleaned from an article that I found while browsing the internet. I have adapted them and personalized them for me.
My life reflects integrity when ...
  1. When I apologize to my children or grandchildren for disciplining them in anger or yelling at them.
  2. When I praise the accomplishments of others and downplay my own.
  3. When fighting with Kathy I don't resort to vicious name calling, or use cutting, hurtful remarks. (Proverbs 12:18) I will fight fair!
  4. When I don't drive aggressively. When I don't honk my horn or use bad hand gestures.
  5. When I give people the benefit of the doubt.
  6. When I volunteer and consistently show up … with a heart ready to serve.
Psalm 18:25
To the faithful you show yourself faithful; to those with integrity you show integrity.
Psalm 25:21
May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.
Proverbs 20:7
The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them.
Titus 2:7
And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching.
Application
It is my desire to be a person of integrity.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that how I live my life matters to You. I know that You want me to be a man of complete integrity. I need Your help to be the person that You want me to be. Thank You for surrounding me with godly people. Thank You for allowing me to be a part of a church that helps me keep my focus on You.
I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Give them the strength and the courage to walk in a way that pleases You. Help them to be a man or a woman of complete integrity.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 35,36; 1 Corinthians 7,8; I added Psalm 10, Psalm 40, Proverbs 10

No comments: