Friday, November 16, 2018

Anyone Who Belongs To Christ Has Become A New Person. The Old Life Is Gone; A New Life Has Begun!


Anyone Who Belongs To Christ
Has Become A New Person.
The Old Life Is Gone; A New Life Has Begun!
Scripture
2 Corinthians 5
17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
Observation
Have you begun to live a new life?
I can remember what my life was like before I surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus Christ.
It wasn't that I didn't have a lot of things going for me before I gave my life to Christ. At 18 years of age, I was already married to a beautiful woman and I had a good job.
But my priorities in life were all messed up. As a teenager and as a young married adult it was very evident to all who knew me that I did not belong to Jesus Christ.
But everything changed for Kathy and I when we were 19 years old. It was through the powerful influence of two very godly people that we both gave our lives to Jesus Christ and He became our Lord and Savior.
And so at nineteen we began to live our new lives!
So let me ask you a very personal question, “Are you still living the old life, or has the new life begun for you?” It all depends, it all hinges on whether you belong to Jesus?
You either do or you don't? You either are or you aren't? The choice is yours to make!
I remember praying and asking Jesus to come into my life, asking Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. I realized that I was a sinner and I needed a Savior. I turned from my old sinful-selfish way of living and I turned to God. In that moment I surrendered my life to Christ.
Yes, of course, I am still a sinner, but my new life has begun!
Application

I will live for Christ.
How about you?
2 Corinthians 5
15 He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I can remember and I will never forget what my life was like before You saved me. Thank You for rescuing me from a life of selfish-sinful living, a life of certain misery and total destruction. I know that if You had not brought godly people into our lives when You did that our marriage would not have survived very long at all. You have given us a great marriage and You have enriched our lives with so many wonderful friends. Lord, help us to help the young couples that You bring into our lives, just as that godly couple did for us, so many years ago.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 3,4,5,6

No comments: