Wednesday, November 21, 2018

If You Give Even A Cup Of Cold Water To One Of The Least Of My Followers, You Will Surely Be Rewarded.


If You Give Even A Cup Of Cold Water
To One Of The Least Of My Followers,
You Will Surely Be Rewarded.
Scripture
Matthew 10
42 And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded.”
Observation

Kathy and I decided at lunch time this past Monday to go through the drive-thru at our local McDonald's to get 3 small hamburgers (two for me and one for Kathy).
When I got up to the window to pay, the girl told me that someone had already paid for our meal. It has never happened to us before in a drive-thru.
We have heard about people doing that kind of thing, but “Wow”, now we know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of this good deed! It was a super neat experience!
Our first thought was one of gratitude, then our next thought was 'why didn't we order a bigger lunch'!
The person who generously provided us our lunch will be richly rewarded by our Heavenly Father. I have God's Word on that!
This sure is a great time of the year for you and me to do some random acts of kindness. Lets make some people smile with our generosity!
Remember: “And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded.”

Application
I will look for ways to show random acts of kindness.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me a heart like Yours … one that is generous! Give me ideas of how I can do some random acts of kindness during this holiday season. Thank You for the giving us the experience of having an unknown person buy our lunch this week. We know that You will bless them. And I also know that You will always bless us when we are generous with what You have provided us.
Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 8,9,10

No comments: