Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Love, It Does Not Demand Its Own Way. It Is Not Irritable, And It Keeps No Record Of Being Wronged.


Love, It Does Not Demand Its Own Way.
It Is Not Irritable,
And It Keeps No Record Of Being Wronged.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 
6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Observation

Women are often accused of being “historical”, bringing up all the bad things that their man has done in the past, but us guys can be just as bad! 

When we fight with our spouse or with our significant other, not only is not fair to bring up past offenses, but it shows a total lack of love on our part. 

No matter whether you are a man or a woman, getting 'historical' when we fight is totally out of bounds. Don't do it. Learn how to fight fair. 

Here is a good ground rule: When we have family discussions, we will always treat each other with love and respect. 

 When we happen to break that rule, when we get 'historical' or when we disrespect the other person, then we need to quickly, sincerely, and humbly say: 

“I love you … I was wrong … Will you forgive me?”

Application
I will not get 'historical'. I will fight fair. I will treat Kathy with love and respect.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to live out 1 Corinthians 13 with Kathy and with all the people in my life. Show me when I mess up. Help me to apologize quickly. Give me the courage and the wisdom to get things right immediately when hurtful, stupid things come out of my dumb mouth.
I pray for any person that may read this blog today. Help them, Lord, help them in their marriage and help them in all of their relationships. Show them how to have great relationships. Work in the hard hearts of some of the mean people that I know and soften their hearts.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 39,40; 1 Corinthians 13,14

No comments: