Monday, November 19, 2018

Repent Of Your Sins And Turn To God.


Repent Of Your Sins
And
Turn To God.
Scripture
Matthew 4
17 From then on Jesus began to preach, “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.
Observation
It is not that you haven't heard about Jesus. You have most certainly heard the Good News that Jesus saves. What you have decided, if you are honest enough to admit it, is that you have refused to allow God to be God of your life.
You actually want to be your own god. How is that working for you?
Okay … maybe I am describing you … maybe I'm not. But I am sure describing a lot of people I know.
When a person has grown up in a Christian home, when he or she has been raised by godly (though far from perfect) parents, and then he or she refuses to allow God to rule over their life, then it is not ignorance my friend, it is outright rebellion against God.
So here is what I say to you if the above description fits you … Repent!
Repent of your sins and turn to God … Change the course of your life by turning back to God! My life and your life was never meant to be lived without God being in charge.
Life with us in charge creates nothing but drama, misery, heart ache and ultimate destruction.
Make it easier on all of us that have to live close to you – Repent!
Application

I will continue to pray for those who are refusing to surrender to God's claim on their life.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it breaks my heart and I know it breaks Your heart when those we love refuse to surrender their lives to You. They know the Gospel. They know that You love them, but their hearts are hard and they refuse to yield. I pray for them, Lord. Soften their hard hearts. Help them to repent. I pray that something would cause them to change the direction of their lives. You are a mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You. So I put them once again into Your mighty hands. Do whatever it takes to help them to repent.
Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 1,2,3,4

No comments: