Tuesday, November 06, 2018

I Am Praying Not Only For These Disciples But Also For All Who Ever Believe In Me Through Their Message.


I Am Praying Not Only For These Disciples
But Also For All
Who Ever Believe In Me Through Their Message.
Scripture
John 17
20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

Observation
Jesus prayed for me a few hours before He went to the cross. If you are a follower of Christ then He also prayed for you at that very same moment!
And now He is continually interceding for us before our Heavenly Father in Heaven. He prayed for you and me 2,000 years ago and He has never stopped praying for us since! It is amazing isn't it!
Right now, at this very moment, Jesus is interceding for us! And He has given us the ministry of praying for others. Yes, He has given to us the ministry of intercession.
This Wednesday, our pastor, Bruce Moore, has asked us to pray for 5 people who do not yet have a personal relationship with Christ, or for people who maybe are believers but have allowed sin to dominate and control their lives.
The church auditorium will be open from 11 am to 1 pm Wednesday to pray for the people on our lists. He has also asked us to fast, to go without lunch tomorrow, as we intercede for the people on our list!
Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.”
1 Timothy 2:1
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.”
Application
I will pray and intercede for those that God places on my heart.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am praying for someone right now and I am asking You to help them. I know that there will not be any change in the direction of his life until he comes to You with a broken and contrite heart. I pray for his protection during this time of rebellion in his life. Open up his spiritual eyes so that he can see things from Your perspective. Soften his heart, Lord. Soften his heart. I want his life to bring You glory and honor. I want him to count for You.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 30; Psalms 120; Galatians 3,4; I added: Psalm 36, Psalm 136, Proverbs 6; John 17

No comments: