Saturday, November 03, 2018

But, You, O Lord, Are A Shield Around Me; You Are My Glory, The One Who Holds My Head High.


But, You, O Lord, Are A Shield Around Me;
You Are My Glory,
The One Who Holds My Head High.
Scripture
Psalm 3
3 But you, O Lord, are a shield around me;
    you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.

4 I cried out to the Lord,
    and he answered me from his holy mountain.

5 I lay down and slept,
    yet I woke up in safety,
    for the Lord was watching over me.

6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
    who surround me on every side.
Psalm 33
20 We put our hope in the Lord.
    He is our help and our shield.

21 In him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in his holy name.

22 Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
    for our hope is in you alone.

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.

6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.

Observation
I was talking yesterday to Kathy about something that was troubling me and she reminded me of who I was in Christ by saying (and I am paraphrasing), “Eddy, you have done all that you can and you know that the Lord knows the situation. He's got this!”
As I read Psalm 3, Psalm 33, and Proverbs 3 this morning I was once again reminded that the Lord is my help and my shield.
Maybe, you, like me, find yourself in a situation and don't have a clue how it is all going to turn out; if that is case let me suggest that you do what I am going to do … I am going to hold on to all of God's promises and trust Him!
Application
I will trust in the Lord with all of my heart; I am not going to depend on my own understanding. I am going to seek his will in all I do. He will show me which path to take. I am putting my hope in the Lord. He is my help and my shield. He is my glory. He is the One who holds my head up high.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, if my life was suddenly problem free, then I would be robbed of the joy of depending on You for help. You are my Father. You care about me. You care about every detail of my life. I know that you never expected me to live this life without your help. Please give me King David's heart for you. Help me to trust you like King David trusted you. He always knew that you were right beside him through every difficult, perplexing situation. You are my shield. You are my glory. You hold my head up high. You are worthy of all praise! I will trust you!
Daily Bible Reading: Job 25; Mark 13,14; I added: Psalm 3, Psalm 33; Proverbs 3

No comments: