Monday, November 12, 2018

Why Am I Discouraged?


Why
Am I
Discouraged?
Scripture
Psalm 42
5 Why am I discouraged?
    Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
    I will praise him again—
    my Savior and 6 my God!
Observation
Discouragement blindsides you! It clobbers you. It hits you when you least expect it. At least it does in my case.
So what do you do when someone or several someones point out your imperfections? What do you do? Do you get angry? Do you get defensive? Do you try to justify yourself?
Years ago, when I was senior pastor of our church it seemed like every Sunday, no matter how many great things happened, it would only take one criticism from one person to mess up my entire day.
I tell men and women who are seriously thinking about stepping into a leadership position at church that they need to have very thick skin.
You can't wear your feelings on your sleeve.
People are God's spiritual sandpaper. He uses them to work on us. God will use them, if we let Him, to shape us to be more like Jesus!
Application
When I am discouraged. When my heart is sad. I will put my hope in God.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, life is tough. You said that it was going to be tough. You have given me thousands of promises to hold onto when things are difficult. I know that I am far from perfect. I realize that I am a sinner. I am broken. But I pray that You will still use me to help those around me get closer to You. You are my Savior. You are my God. I put my trust in You. You are the lifter of my head. I will put my hope in You. I will give You praise.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 37,38; 1 Corinthians 12; I added: Psalm 12, Psalm 42; Proverbs 12

No comments: