Saturday, March 22, 2008

Distractions

Joshua 12; Joshua 13; Joshua 14; 1 Corinthians 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 7

23 God paid a high price for you, so don’t be enslaved by the world.

31 Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away. 32 I want you to be free from the concerns of this life.

35 I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

Observation

When I first read 1 Corinthians 7 I thought Paul was mainly talking about marriage and the benefits of remaining single, but what he was really emphasizing was a simple life style. The simpler our life style is then the easier it is to be completely dedicated to the Lord and His work.

Getting out of debt for a Christian is huge. Kathy and I want to be completely debt free so that we can go wherever God says to go whenever He says to go and we want to be able to help in God’s work financially when opportunities present themselves. Are you working on being debt free? Are you are able to give to the Lord’s work generously because you are not enslaved by the world?

Application

I will memorize these verses this week to help me stay focused on keeping the main thing the main thing.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am very glad that I married to Kathy, but marriage, family, children, and now having grandchildren does complicate serving you. Help me to not be enslaved to this world. I pray that more and more my heart will be more open to your leading about giving to your work. Help me to apply these verses in my life. I pray for tomorrow Easter Sunday. I pray that people will be saved and I pray that people will be moved closer to you through the worship service! I love Easter. Thank you for dying on the cross for me and for coming back to life! Hallelujah what a Savior! Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: