Friday, March 28, 2008

Love Is…

Judges 4; Judges 5; Psalm 39; Psalm 41; 1 Corinthians 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Mark 12:30 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

John 14:21 “Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her”.

Observation

God’s love is taking a bad wrap these days by some folks.

They think that they can rationalize their lust for someone outside of their marriage relationship and call it love. The verses listed above talk about God’s love and it is the kind of love that we are to have towards everyone. It is a selfless love.

A best friend told me one time, “I just don’t love my wife anymore and can’t even make myself have sex with her, but I am really in love with this woman I work with.” I told this friend, “Too bad, you are married to __________ she is your wife… end of conversation”. But he wanted to rationalize that his lust affair with the other woman was somehow ok. Many months later this friend called me to tell me that he was returning to his wife and would try to get his marriage back together. He told me that he had been so wrong and asked me to forgive him. He had to get things right with the other woman, with his children, with his wife, and people in his church. Today he is very happily married to the woman that he told me that he didn’t love anymore. He and his wife now do marriage conferences and they travel all over the world doing mission work together.

God is so good.

Application

I will maintain my boundaries with folks of the opposite sex and I will always try to love my wife as Christ loves the church.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help those that have been deceived to think that lust is love. Open their eyes and restore their marriages. I pray that you give them a clear understanding of your word today. Keep me from doing the same thing. I know that I am very capable of falling into the same kind of sin. Give me strength today to confront in love those violating their marriage covenant and trying to call it love. Open their eyes to the Truth of your word. Bring correction today so that they might enjoy the life that you have called them to. In Jesus Name…amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: