Monday, March 24, 2008

So Run to Win!

Joshua 18; Joshua 19; Joshua 20; 1 Corinthians 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 9

24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Observation

Life is a race so let’s run to win! How are you doing so far? Do you plan to finish well? I do. I want to finish this race well. I don’t want to get myself disqualified by doing something stupid. Just before these verses Paul said that everything he does he does in a way to win people to Christ. When he was with the Jews he acted like a Jew and when he was with the Gentiles he acted like a Gentile it is a good model for us isn’t it.

Application

I need to find a guy that needs a relationship with Jesus and find common ground with him. I hope he wants to go fishing and not play golf!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I do want to finish this race well. I want to be a strong witness to guys that are lost. Direct me to a guy that needs a relationship with you and then help me find common ground with him. Don’t let me fall into sin and mess up my life. I want to finish well. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: