Friday, March 07, 2008

Wholeheartedly!

Deuteronomy 5; Deuteronomy 6; Psalm 43; Mark 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Deuteronomy 6

4 “Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. 5 And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. 7 Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 8 Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. 9 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Observation

Deut. 5:10 “But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.”

If we obey God wholeheartedly then He will lavish His unfailing love on us. If that is true and I believe it is then why don’t we do it! Why disobey God when obedience to Him guarantees us His unfailing love? Why…because we don’t trust what He says in His word or His word is not in our hearts to help us obey. I think the key to trusting Him is found in verse seven, “repeat them again and again to your children.”

When someone walks into your house can someone tell that you are a Christ-follower? Is there scripture visible maybe on the wall, or would they see Christian books or Christian magazines or do they see an open Bible that has recently been read? When your children or grandchildren look around your house are they reminded of the relationship God wants to have with them? Reminders…do you have any in your car, or how about at your work place could your co-workers tell that you are a Christ-follower by anything on your desk or on your walls?

Application

I will find something for our front porch that let’s people know that we wholeheartedly serve the Lord!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want my grandchildren and my grown children to know you and to walk in obedience with you. I want them to love you wholeheartedly. Help Kathy and I do our part to turn their hearts toward you. I pray that you work in their hearts so that they might have the desire to turn from sin and self and put you first everyday. Help me to model the Christian life so that they may always see Christ in me. I pray that everyone that walks into our house would be reminded of your love for him or her. I pray for my brother-in-law DuWayne who is in surgery right now. I pray that you guide the surgeon’s hands and I pray that you restore him to good health. In Jesus Name…Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Great post Eddy, always a stark reminder of how we have our own mission field right in our back door, and how that may be the most important ones of all.
I read your blog all the time, you have some great things to say!
I have been praying for you and Kathy on this for many months.
See you soon!
Love you both.

Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

It is great to hear from you. We will see you in a few weeks. I think we are planning on leaving here on April 7th so we will see you soon.

Thanks for praying for us!

Love,

Eddy and Kathy