Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Grudges

Numbers 34; Numbers 35; Numbers 36; Mark 11
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 11

22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.

Observation

Who do you have a grudge against? Jesus is talking to his disciples about prayer after he had cursed the fig tree because it had no fruit. They were amazed because the fig tree had died the day after Jesus cursed it. Jesus then used what happened to the fig tree as the background of this lesson on prayer. He said to his disciples that they could ask for anything in prayer and if they had faith it would be theirs. Then he added this but…but when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.

Mountain moving faith only happens with a clean heart. Is there anyone you are holding a grudge against?

Application

I will examine all my relationships and ask God to reveal any unforgiveness in my heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to be able to ask you for anything and I want you to be able to say “yes” to me because I ask with a clean heart. So reveal to me anything that has lodged in my heart that I am holding against someone. Help me keep the slate clean and give me the ability to forgive. I know that you will not respond to my requests if I have unconfessed sin in my life. Help me to be grudge free today. In Jesus Name…Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: