Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Our Strength

Joshua 15; Joshua 16; Joshua 17; 1 Corinthians 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Joshua 17

13 Later, however, when the Israelites became strong enough, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves. But they did not drive them out of the land.

Observation

On their own the Israelites were never strong enough to destroy their enemies, but God had promised to fight for them. This is a sad verse because God never intended for the Israelites to make slaves out of the people that they conquered. There were told to completely destroy the Canaanites and others, but they didn’t. How sad when we read that the people couldn’t drive the enemy from the land, but they made them their slaves. If they made them slaves then they could have also destroyed them, but they didn’t. God warned them about this and it would be their downfall. Partial obedience is disobedience!

Application

I will examine my heart today and see where I am half-heartedly following God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that today you might be glorified throughout this world as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. Thank you for Easter. Thank you for dying on the cross, and coming back to life on Easter Sunday. You are all powerful. There is nothing to hard for you. Death is no match for you. Help me to be totally devoted to you. Search my heart and show me where I am not being totally obedient. Cleanse my heart today. Be magnified throughout this earth today! In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: