Saturday, March 15, 2008

Overcome By Sin

Deuteronomy 28; Deuteronomy 29; Galatians 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Galatians 6

1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. 2 Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. 3 If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.

Observation

Sin overcomes you, but it overcomes little by little you drift away from the Lord. The Lord says that it is our job as believers to gently and humbly help the one that is overcome by sin back to the Lord. For months now I have left certain family members alone because they have been overcome by sin. I quit calling them. I quit trying to send them emails. But over the last few days I have once again been impressed to gently and hopefully humbly nudge them in the direction of the Lord.

God wouldn’t tell us to do it if it wasn’t going to help. So lets start nudging and lets get those folks back with the Lord. You and I could also fall into sin and if we do I hope that there is someone trying to get us back on track.

Application

I will not give up on folks even if they want me to quit talking to them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me who I need to focus on who needs a phone call and who should I write. Don’t let me give up on the people that I love. I pray that they will have a change of heart and that they will want to turn back to you. Turn their hearts back to you Lord. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: