Saturday, March 08, 2008

Stubbornness!

Deuteronomy 7; Deuteronomy 8; Deuteronomy 9; Mark 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Deuteronomy 8

“Be careful to obey all the commands I am giving you today. Then you will live and multiply, and you will enter and occupy the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors. 2 Remember how the LORD your God led you through the wilderness for these forty years, humbling you and testing you to prove your character, and to find out whether or not you would obey his commands. 3 Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. 4 For all these forty years your clothes didn’t wear out, and your feet didn’t blister or swell. 5 Think about it: Just as a parent disciplines a child, the LORD your God disciplines you for your own good.

Deuteronomy 9

4 “After the LORD your God has done this for you, don’t say in your hearts, ‘The LORD has given us this land because we are such good people!’ No, it is because of the wickedness of the other nations that he is pushing them out of your way. 5 It is not because you are so good or have such integrity that you are about to occupy their land. The LORD your God will drive these nations out ahead of you only because of their wickedness, and to fulfill the oath he swore to your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. 6 You must recognize that the LORD your God is not giving you this good land because you are good, for you are not—you are a stubborn people.

Observation

God doesn’t bless us because we deserve it. We are a stubborn people too. He blesses us because He loves us. He would love to lavish His love on us even more than He does but because of our stubbornness we miss out. The children of Israel had it made if they would have just obeyed. It is the same with us today.

Application

Deuteronomy 8:3 says, “He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.” I will deny myself certain foods/meals until Easter and concentrate more on God’s Word.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Job said, “I desire the words of your mouth more than my necessary food.” Give me the strength to be like Job. I want to obey you. I realize that I am a stubborn person and I do not deserve your love. Thank you for loving me in spite of my stubbornness. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. Thank you for your healing power that brought my brother in law through surgery yesterday. Thank you for smiling on our family. You are worthy of Praise! In Jesus Name…Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: