Sunday, March 16, 2008

This is the Key to your Life

Deuteronomy 30; Deuteronomy 31; Psalm 40; 1 Corinthians 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Deuteronomy 30

19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! 20 You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the LORD, you will live long in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”

Observation

Moses is pleading with the people to choose to obey God. He says it is a choice between life and death, between blessings and curses and today we have the same choice. Even as Christ-followers we can make a choice to be obedient or disobedient and it is a choice of blessings or curses. Jesus came to give us an abundant life, but even many believers choose to continue to yield to sin instead of yielding to God. How sad! For a person that hasn’t ever known Christ I can understand his or her disobedience, but for a Christian I have a hard time grasping why. Why choose a curse over a blessing?

Application

I will continue to warn Christ-followers to turn back to God. Those that are overcome with a sin I will try to help them turn back to an obedient walk.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is amazing to me that people choose a life of sin over a life full of blessings. I don’t understand it. Help me be a better confronter. Help me gently and humbly correct people so they can enjoy your blessings instead of curses. I pray that someone would put their faith and trust in you today during our worship services. I pray that You would receive much glory and much honor from everything that is done. You are worthy of praise. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: