Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cursed

Deuteronomy 19; Deuteronomy 20; Deuteronomy 21; Galatians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Deuteronomy 21

22 “If someone has committed a crime worthy of death and is executed and hung on a tree, 23 the body must not remain hanging from the tree overnight. You must bury the body that same day, for anyone who is hung is cursed in the sight of God. In this way, you will prevent the defilement of the land the LORD your God is giving you as your special possession.

Galatians 3

13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.” 14 Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.

Observation

Curses and Blessings are very real in the Bible. A negative blessing I guess would be a curse. Anyone hung on a tree was cursed in the sight of God it was the worse kind of punishment. Moses talked about it in Deuteronomy 21 but in the New Testament we find that Christ rescued us from the curse that we deserve by dying on the cross in our place. It was your sins and my sins that put Christ on the cross.

Application

I will try to find a small cross to carry in my pocket as a reminder of what Christ did for me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for rescuing me from the curse of my sins. I know that I deserve death, judgment, and hell, but because of your love I have eternal life and an abundant life right now. Through Christ Jesus, You have blessed me with the same blessing You promised to Abraham, so that I might receive Your Holy Spirit through faith. (Gal. 3:14) Thank you for dying in my place. I pray for the sick today. I pray for my brother-in-law that you would remove the infection that is now slowing his recovery and I pray for my nephew that you would bring him out of the coma. You are an awesome God. Nothing is too hard for you. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: