Tuesday, March 18, 2008

God is Good!

Joshua 1; Joshua 2; Psalm 37; 1 Corinthians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 37

3 Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
4 Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart’s desires.
5 Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.

16 It is better to be godly and have little
than to be evil and rich.
17 For the strength of the wicked will be shattered,
but the LORD takes care of the godly.

23 The LORD directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the LORD holds them by the hand.
25 Once I was young, and now I am old.
Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned
or their children begging for bread.
26 The godly always give generous loans to others,
and their children are a blessing.

39 The LORD rescues the godly;
he is their fortress in times of trouble.
40 The LORD helps them,
rescuing them from the wicked.
He saves them,
and they find shelter in him.

Observation

Do you think of God the Father as a stern strict unloving God? The God of the Old Testament is also the same God of the New Testament, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are all one and they are all Good. They are Love because God is Love.

Check it out…have you ever thought about God delighting in you? Verse 23 says that, “God delights in every detail of a Christ-follower’s life”. To think that the Creator God, the Creator of this entire universe delights in me is so way over the top. He delights in every detail of my life. Wow! I am loved. Today Eddy Williams is 57 years old. I have been a Christ-Follower since I was 19 and it has been awesome so far and I look forward to finishing well.

Application

I will give thanks to the Lord today for the life that He has allowed me to enjoy! And I am so thankful that He has allowed me the privilege of knowing Him and He has chosen unworthy me to become one of His children.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for the promise of Psalm 37:23 that says that you delight in me. I am the delight of your life because you choose to make me your delight. It has nothing to do with me. Thank you for giving me 57 years of life. They have been wonderful. Thank you for giving me Kathy as my life partner to share the joys of our lives in Christ. She is the best gift you could have ever given me. She is proof that you do delight in me. I pray that you help me finish my life well. I don’t want to fall into sin or drift into a life of disobedience. Give me energy to lead our church in the direction that you desire. Help me to keep my heart clean and my life right with you. Give me your thoughts, your ideas, your vision, so I can lead well. You are an awesome God. You are worthy to be praised. You are my delight. I love you. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: