Thursday, March 13, 2008

Heirs

Deuteronomy 22; Deuteronomy 23; Deuteronomy 24; Galatians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Galatians 4

4 But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. 5 God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children,

6 And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” 7 Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.

Observation

On my desk I have an old will that I am in need of getting updated. It tells folks what to do with all of my valuables when I depart this earth. Kathy and I have five children and nine grandchildren so we do have to think of the heirs of our estate. Since we don’t own any property and have very little money our heirs aren’t going to have very much to squabble over anyway.

But I am an heir of God, which means that everything He owns I also get to enjoy. Those that have a personal relationship with Christ are very rich. We possess all spiritual blessings in heavenly realms. We are King’s kids!

Application

I will act like a King’s kid today and I will call Him, Abba, Father!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing us to know you and allowing us to become a part of your family. Thank you for giving your life to set us free from every kind of sin and for cleansing us, and for making us your very own children so that we could totally commit ourselves to doing what is right. (Titus 2:14) Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: