Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Accepting and Sharing Hospitality!

1 Samuel 27; Psalm 141; 1 Chronicles 9; Matthew 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve Apostles

Matthew 10

10 Don’t carry a traveler’s bag with a change of clothes and sandals or even a walking stick. Don’t hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve to be fed.

Observation

Do you have trouble accepting someone’s hospitality? My problem is that I don’t offer hospitality enough to other people. It is something that I would love to be, more hospitable and more generous. It is something to work on for me. Jesus sent his disciples out without anything on this mission trip and they were totally dependent on God’s provision through unbelievers. These unbelievers are called in scripture “Sons of peace” and God has prepared people like this all over the world waiting for missionaries as they arrive in new towns and villages. It reminds me of how hospitable the Muslim people were in Morocco. We would meet someone on the street, a total stranger, and immediately they would invite us to drink tea with them and then they would invite us to come stay with them in their home. It was humbling to experience their gift of hospitality. The people in Cuba and Mexico were and are the same way, so hospitable.

Application

I will look for a way to practice this gift of hospitality today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be more like you. And more like the people that were so hospitable and generous to us when we served you in other countries, and like the people you have now surrounded us with that have helped us so much. Show me where I need to do an act of kindness as I go through the day today. Soften my heart and make it sensitive to the people around me. I want a heart like yours today Lord, a heart like yours. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: