Friday, April 04, 2008

These Hard Times are Small Potatoes…

Judges 19; Judges 20; Judges 21; 2 Corinthians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

2 Corinthians 4

16-18 So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.

Observation

Paul said, “We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies. So we live in the face of death, but this has resulted in eternal life for you.

Then he said, “These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us.”

What Paul is saying to me is that I should keep everything in perspective and I have to realize that God is at work even in the hard times of my life and that one day I will experience what He has prepared for me.

1 Corinthians 2:9 “…No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--


Application

I will write and encourage someone today that has been going through a difficult time.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am looking forward to what you have in store for me. Help me to remember that I am only on this earth a short time and no matter what kind of bad stuff I experience it is small potatoes to what I am going to enjoy forever.

Thank you for Your Word. I pray for Elmer as he deals with the death of his wife and for others that are experiencing difficult times right now. I pray that you comfort them and bring people into their lives that will encourage them. In Jesus Name Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: