Tuesday, April 08, 2008

In Deep Trouble?

(I may not be able to post anything new until April 16th because of a trip to Texas...not sure I will have access to internet) You can still click on the link below and it will take you to the daily Bible reading!


1 Samuel 3; 1 Samuel 4; 1 Samuel 5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 77

1 I cry out to God; yes, I shout.
Oh, that God would listen to me!
2 When I was in deep trouble,
I searched for the Lord.
All night long I prayed, with hands lifted toward heaven,
but my soul was not comforted.
3 I think of God, and I moan,
overwhelmed with longing for his help.
Interlude
4 You don’t let me sleep.
I am too distressed even to pray!
5 I think of the good old days,
long since ended,
6 when my nights were filled with joyful songs.
I search my soul and ponder the difference now.
7 Has the Lord rejected me forever?
Will he never again be kind to me?
8 Is his unfailing love gone forever?
Have his promises permanently failed?
9 Has God forgotten to be gracious?
Has he slammed the door on his compassion?
Interlude
10 And I said, “This is my fate;
the Most High has turned his hand against me.”
11 But then I recall all you have done, O LORD;
I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago.
12 They are constantly in my thoughts.
I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works.
13 O God, your ways are holy.
Is there any god as mighty as you?
14 You are the God of great wonders!

Observation

The Psalmist was in deep trouble and God was not responding, but he held on because he remembered what the Lord had done for him in the past. If you are in deep trouble and it doesn’t seem like God is aware of your predicament then find yourself a quiet place and stop and think back on all the great wonders that God has done in your life. He is the God of great wonders and He will get us through any tough time if we will just trust Him.

Application

I will trust the Lord today for the things in my life that are still unresolved, unanswered, or confusing because He is the God of great wonders!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help us to trust in you when we don’t see how things are going to work out. When we don’t know you do know and you are constantly at work in our lives. Thank you for always taking care of me. I am so blessed. Thank you that you are the same yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever.

Your arm is not too short that it cannot save and there is nothing too hard for you. O God, your ways are holy.
Is there any god as mighty as you? You are the God of great wonders. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: