Monday, April 21, 2008

Help From Heaven!

1 Samuel 24; Psalm 57; Psalm 58; 1 Chronicles 8; Matthew 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 57

1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy!
I look to you for protection.
I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings
until the danger passes by.
2 I cry out to God Most High,
to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.
3 He will send help from heaven to rescue me,
disgracing those who hound me.
7 My heart is confident in you, O God;
my heart is confident.
No wonder I can sing your praises!
8 Wake up, my heart!
Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
9 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
10 For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth.

Observation

David has been hiding in a cave with his six hundred men because King Saul is hunting for him to kill him. As Saul is hunting for David he has to go to the restroom so he goes into a cave by himself to relieve himself. David just happens to be hiding in that very cave. His men try to get David to kill King Saul but David will not hurt his King. He does sneak up and cut off the corner of the king’s robe but which in a few minutes he even regrets. To David the King is God’s anointed leader who David is to respect and not harm. As King Saul leaves the cave David calls out to him and lets the King know that he could have killed him. Saul realizes that David has allowed him to live and begins to cry. He gets David to promise him that when David takes the throne that he would not kill all of Saul’s family to which David agrees. And then Saul rides off with his army and leaves David safely in the cave. Is that not amazing! After this encounter David writes about God’s protection, which we read about in Psalm 57. He realized that he was safe; he was secure beneath the shadow of God’s wings. God brought David’s enemy right to him and showed David that he didn’t need to fear his enemies when he was safe beneath the shadow of His wings.

Application

Me plus God is everything I need for today’s battles.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, my heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident.
No wonder I can sing your praises! Wake up, my heart! Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song. I will thank you, Lord, among all the people. I will sing your praises among the nations. For your unfailing love is as high as the Heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens. May your glory shine over all the earth. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: